Virtual Self Help
Everyone is welcome here at Thurber and we want you to feel safe and comfortable.
- Would you like to access a counsellor?
- Do you have a comment or concern you would like to share?
- Do you have a tip to help make the school more welcoming or safe?
- Are you worried about the well being of a peer?
Click here to share any information we may need to help. (You may choose to share your name or stay anonymous)
Mindset (The Psychology of Success)
- Dealing with the Black Dog
- Dealing With Depression
- Crisis Text Line
- Help in Tough Times | Alberta Health Services
- Kids Help Phone
- Suicide Information
- You Matter - Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Warning Signs of Suicide in Children and Teens
Motivation, Inspiration, and Compassion
Substance Use and Addiction
- Kids and Smoking (for Parents) - Nemours KidsHealth
- Vaping - what you need to know | the lung association
- Cannabis health effects teenage brain - Canada.ca
- What does alcohol abuse do to a teenager's brain?
To this Day (Bullying)
Resources for Parents
- Teen Mental Health Information
- Mind Health (for Teens)
- Your Life, your Choice
- Eating Disorders
- The Teenage Brain Explained
- How to Build Self-Esteem – The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden
- Study Skills
- Covid Recovery Skills
- Understanding Grief
- Self-Harm and Youth
- Learned Optimism by Martin Seligman - Animation