Bus Route Information
YELLOW BUS ROUTES & BUS STOPS: Bus stops are created to accommodate the number of eligible students registered in the area and keeping within our recommended 500 meters from a residence. No new bus routes or bus stops are created for ineligible students. All bus route timings are approximate and are subject to change throughout the school year. It is recommended that families check Powerschool regularly for any bus stop time changes that may occur during the year. Any substantial changes will be followed by an email home using School Messenger stating to check Powerschool for updated information. Please ensure riders are at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the published time.
**Please note that there are some rural areas that are still in the City of Red Deer that might not have transportation service via yellow charter bus or RD City transit. If you are in one of these areas, please contact RDPSD transportation for information regarding possible options.**
Use the Powerschool Parent Portal to find transportation information for Yellow Charter bus only. Powerschool will not have information on City Transit.
To access student transportation information, you must have a Powerschool Parent Portal account set up. Please see below for procedure regarding setting up a Powerschool account.
Elementary Schools, K-8 schools, Gateway Christian, Escuela Vista Grande, and Westpark Middle School
Yellow Charter bus service is available to all eligible students in grades K-5 Elementary (not Aspen Heights), K-8 schools, K-12 at Gateway Christian, K-8 at Escuella Vista Grande, and grades 6-8 at Westpark Middle School. Online applications need to be submitted every year in order to access Yellow Charter bus service. Please have the application submitted no later than June 25th of each year to avoid a late fee. Because bus stop times can change as new students are added, it is a good idea to check Powerschool the night before the first day of school in case anything had changed, and regularily for the first month.
Please note that the charter buses to Gateway Christian School will not be running on days when grades K-8 are not in school. This means that it is up to families to find their own way to and from school if your child is in grades 9-12 and riding these Gateway charter buses.
High Schools And Middle Schools
Hunting Hills High School (English Program) and École Secondaire Lindsay Thurber High School (English & French Immersion Programs)
- Red Deer City Transit
- Transportation services for Hunting Hills High School and École Secondaire Lindsay Thurber High School are provided by Red Deer City Transit.
- Eligible students must complete an online Transit Application form found in Powerschool. Please click on link for information.
- For general transit and route information please contact Red Deer City Transit at 403-342-8225. www.reddeer.ca/city-services/transit/ . Google maps is also a good resource for bus routes and times.
Eastview Middle School (English Program), Central Middle School (English and French Immersion Programs). K-8 schools and Gateway Christian School can choose a City Transit pass instead of charter pass but must be an eligible Student).
- Red Deer City Transit
- Transportation services for Eastview Middle School and Central Middle School are provided by Red Deer City Transit.
- Eligible students must complete an online Transit Application form. City Transit forms are filled out online. Please click on link for information.
- For general transit and route information please contact Red Deer City Transit at 403-342-8225. www.reddeer.ca/city-services/transit/ . Google maps is also a good tool for bus routes and times.