Hot Lunch Program
We are looking forward to getting the hot lunch program back up and running. Our first hot lunch service will be on Tuesday, October 10th, with an order deadline of Friday, September 29 @ 4:00pm. All orders need to be placed and paid in full by this time. The complete October menu is listed on the backside of this letter. We will continue to offer hot lunch on the first school day of each week throughout the school year.
Some things to note about the Hot Lunch Program:
- To register your student(s) for hot lunch, please visit the hot lunch website at gateway.hotlunches.net
- The access code is GCSRD
- The hot lunch website resets each year. You will need to create a new account.
- Please make sure you register each student with their current homeroom teacher to make sure meals are delivered to the correct class.
- If you require assistance please use the “Support Request” option under the “Help” tab. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
All payments are made via PayPal. You do not need to have an account to pay; you can choose to use PayPal as a guest.
- There are PayPal fees added to your final bill. These fees are the cost charged to the Hot Lunch Program to use PayPal and are shown to you prior to processing payment.
- The hot lunch program is unable to provide refunds. If an order is cancelled prior to the order deadline, a credit will remain on your account to be applied towards your next order.
The order cut off for each menu is at 4:00 pm, two Fridays before the menu date (typically 10 days before)
- Once the menu has closed for ordering, no further orders can be placed. These dates are set to allow for processing time on our end and to allow the restaurants time to prepare for our order.
- Please do not contact the restaurant directly to place your order. This causes a lot of chaos and confusion for the restaurant and our volunteers.
Orders placed need to be paid for in full within 24 hours. All orders not paid for within this time frame will be automatically deleted by the system.
Any completed order may be changed up until the order deadline. Unfortunately, once the deadline has passed, we will not be able to make any changes.
- If a student is away, we do our best to have their order delivered to the office for them to pick up the next day. However, we cannot guarantee this as mishaps do happen.
- Alternatively, you may choose to contact the office and have the order delivered to another student.
If you require assistance please use the “Support Request” option under the “Help” tab. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Important note for high school students: As a K-12 school, our volunteers work hard to accommodate 3 different lunch times. Unfortunately, the new high school lunch time begins before our order delivery time. In order to keep the meals within a food safe time frame, we are unable to have the orders delivered any sooner. We understand this causes difficulty for the grade 9-12 students who are between schools. If you choose to order hot lunch, we will continue to do our best to have food ready for pick up by 11:50am. We will not be able to provide the meals any sooner than this. We thank you for your understanding.
Are you interested in volunteering with the hot lunch program? Hot lunch is a volunteer-based program that only works with the support of our Gateway community as a whole. You will see a volunteer option at the bottom of most menus. If you are interested in volunteering please check the box and make sure you have your volunteer paperwork completed at the office prior to your sign-up date. We’d love to see some new faces join our team each week :)
We THANK YOU for the continued support each year as the program continues to grow and we strive to give back to our staff and students in a meaningful way! - Your Hot Lunch Committee