Student Registration at Gateway Christian School
Applications Process (A two-step process):
- If apply for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete Gateway Christian School’s family application. Click 2022/23 Family Application.
- Please submit your application to Cathy McCullough (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: 4210 - 59 Street, Red Deer, AB T4N 2M9).
- For each student, complete Red Deer Public Schools’ online registration. Click HERE for online registration.
Depending on room and/or resources, an information meeting will be arranged.
If room and/or resources are not available, your son/daughter will be placed on a “waitlist” according to our policy. Families in this case, must have a plan “B”.
Upon approval of your application, you will receive a welcome package.
Alternative fees are charged as outlined in the School Act:
- The purpose of these fees is to defray non-instructional costs incurred by advancing a Christian worldview such as: Teaching for Transformation, formational learning experiences, and school culture.
- Gateway Christian School (GCS) fee structure: 2022/2023 school year alternative fees are set as follows:
High School (Gr. 9 – 12) $200.00 per student per year: Gr. 1 – 8: $300 per student per year and Kindergarten: $200.00 per student per year.
Gr. 9-12 Students:
While our elementary and middle school courses are all taught onsite at Gateway Christian, we also have off-site programs for our high school students. Instructed through our unique partnership with Lindsay Thurber High School, these programs provide advanced courses of study, wide-ranging skill development, and real-world opportunities.
Our High School students spend half of each day in their core courses at Gateway and the other half of the day completing courses at LTCHS.
Students are admitted in the following order:
- Currently enrolled students proceeding to the next school year.
- Children of current staff members.
- Sibling of currently enrolled student(s).
- Waiting list students followed by new students, living within The City of Red Deer (on a first come, first serve basis).
- Waiting list students followed by new students, living outside The City of Red Deer (on a first come, first serve basis).