Please be aware that due to the abbreviated nature of the summer program, assignments and assigned readings form a large component of all our courses. Students should be prepared to spend 5 to 6 hours per day on their course. Students may select ONE COURSE ONLY to complete during the Summer School session.
Prerequisite courses must be completed and passed prior to summer school. Students registered without the required prerequisites will be withdrawn from the course.
Courses being offered during Summer School 2022 are:
- Biology 20, 30
- Chemistry 20, 30
- English 10-1, 20-1, 30-1
- English 10-2, 20-2, 30-2
- Math 10C*, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1,30-2
- Math 10-3*, 20-3*,30-3*
- Physics 20, 30
- Science 10, 20, 30
- Science 14, 24
- Social Studies 10-1*, 20-1*, 30-1
- Social Studies 10-2*, 20-2, 30-2
- CALM 20* (3 credit course)
- Aboriginal Studies 10, 20, 30
- 21st Century Learning Bundle* - 6 credits of CTS (INF1030, INF1060, INF1070, INF1910, COM1910, COM1255) Student will receive a Chromebook upon completion of course. Red Deer Public school students please contact your School Principal or Vice Principal.
- Workplace Safety Bundle * 3 credits of CTS at 30 Level (HCS3000, HCS3010, AGR3000)
- Work Experience 25*, 35* CLICK HERE for more information and registration
- Personal Psychology 20*, General Psychology 20*, Abnormal Psychology 35* - each 3 credit (Personal and General are pre-rec for Abnormal Psychology 35)
- Marketing and Management 30* (5 Credit bundle)
*These courses do not require materials*
**Remember only ONE COURSE can be completed during Summer School**
What does learning look like in Summer School 2022
- Method of delivery for ALL subjects will be delivered through an Online virtual platform. This may be done through Moodle or Google classroom.
- Mandatory daily expectations must be met.
- A teacher specialized in the subject is accessible during school hours (9 am to 1 pm) to assist the student and facilitate the course curriculum. The teacher will have expectations for all students in regard to assignment completion and daily deadlines will be in place.