Parents are encouraged to attend monthly School Council meetings to stay informed about school affairs and to provide input. Meetings last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours and provide an excellent opportunity to meet other parents and to support your child’s educational program. The School Council plays an important role in providing input into school policies and procedures including:
- school culture and climate
- child safety
- student expectations
- student recognition
- school enhancement
The Council also has a tremendous impact on creating a solid sense of parent community through the organization of many family fun activities.
A parallel organization is involved in fundraising for school enhancement.
School Council meetings for 2022 - 2023 are held on the 3rd Monday of most school months (excluding December and June) in the OP Library. If you are able to attend but would like to attend via Google Meet, please call the school to arrange. We will gladly accommodate parents who can join virtually.
Meeting dates for 2022 - 2023 are:
- September 19, 2022 - In Person Agenda & Minutes
- October 17, 2022 - In Person OR via Google Meet Agenda & Minutes of Meeting
- November 21, 2022 Agenda Link
- No December Meeting
- January 16, 2023
- February 27, 2023 (1 week later due to Family Day Holiday on Feb 20) - Agenda & Minutes
- March 20, 2023 - Agenda & Minutes
- April 17, 2023 - Agenda & Minutes
- May 15, 2023
- No June Meeting