Tuition Fees 2023-2024
Fees (CDN $)
Full Year = 2 semesters (10 months)
Half Year = 1 semester (5 months)
- Application Fees: (non-refundable) $300
- Tuition Fees: Full Year - $11835 Half Year - $5932.50
- Homestay Fees: $1100/month):
- Full Year: $11000(10 Months):
- Half Year: $5500 (5 months)
- Homestay Placement Fee: $600 initial / $2300 Returning
- Medical Insurance: Full Year - $600 Half Year - $350
- (Please note students in our homestay program must use our insurance provider)
- Bus Pass $700 (10 months) / $350 (5 months)
- Activity Fee $500 (full school year) / $250 (one semester)
- Airport Pickup / Departure: no additional charge, this is included in homestay fees
- Revalidation/Legalization of Documents : $200
All fees may be subject to change.
Please note school based specialty course fees (eg. welding, art, cosmetology, etc.) and athletic fees are not included. These fees can range from $30 - $600 for some competitive school sports teams that involved a large amount of travel.
Red Deer Public Schools International Student Program
Application Fee is due upon application and is non refundable.
Full payment of all fees are due and payable in Canadian dollars by June 15 for semester 1 and by December 15 for semester 2.
We prefer all payments be made through Flywire.
Withdrawals from the program and refunds:
Students are able to defer to the next semester or next school year with no financial penalties for any reason.
Students must give Red Deer Public Schools a written notice of withdrawal
Withdrawal for any reason before the application deadline, students will receive a full refund.
Withdrawal after the application deadline and prior to the start of the program for any reason not related to government travel bans, students will receive a full refund less Application Fee and Homestay Placement Fee.
If a student’s Visa or Study Permit is denied, students will receive a full refund less the Application Fee. Refund requests must include the formal letter of refusal from Canada Immigration.
Voluntary Withdrawal from the program after the Program Start Date (not compelled by official direction from government, school or homestay program): No refund of tuition after the semester has started. Homestay Fees and Bus Pass fees may be refunded only for fully unused months. Homestay fees refunds will not be given for partial months. Medical Insurance and Activity Fees are non refundable.
No refunds will be granted to a student who is dismissed from the program due to a breach of the law, policy, regulation or student participation agreement as determined by the Government of Canada, the police, and Red Deer Public Schools.
Red Deer Public Schools are not liable for losses/expenses that may occur as a result of the district not being able to provide education owing to labour disputes or causes beyond its control.
How to pay fees:
Red Deer Public Schools has partnered with Flywire to accept fee payments.