Tuition Fees 2021-2022
Fees (CDN $)
Full Year = 2 semesters (10 months)
Half Year = 1 semester (5 months)
- Application Fees: (non-refundable) $250
- Tuition Fees: Full Year - $11 300 Half Year - $5650
- Homestay Fees: $930/month):
- Full Year: $9300 (10 Months):
- Half Year: $4650 (5 months)
- Homestay Placement Fee: $500 initial / $250 Returning
- Medical Insurance: Full Year - $600 Half Year - $350
- (Please note students in our homestay program must use our insurance provider)
- Bus Pass $600 (10 months) / $300 (5 months)
- Activity Fee $450 (full school year) / $225 (one semester)
- Airport Pickup / Departure: no additional charge, this is included in homestay fees
- Revalidation/Legalization of Documents : $145
All fees may be subject to change.
Please note school based specialty course fees (eg. welding, art, cosmetology, etc.) and athletic fees are not included. These fees can range from $30 - $600 for some competitive school sports teams that involved a large amount of travel.
- Students must give Red Deer Public Schools a written notice of withdrawal.
- $250.00 CND Application Fee is non-refundable.
- Withdrawal before the program begins AND before the application deadline, students can choose to defer to a future semester or school year OR receive a full refund with the exception of the $250 Application Fee.
- If a student's visa or study permit is denied, all fees will be refunded with the exception of the $250 Application Fee. Refund request must include the formal letter of refusal from Canada Immigration.
- Withdrawal from the program after the Application Deadline and before the program begins: 25% of one semester tuition (as well as the $250 Application Fee and the $500 Homestay Placement fee) is retained by Red Deer Public Schools OR the student can choose to defer to a future semester or school year.
- There will be no refunds after the semester has started. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No refunds will be granted to a student who is dismissed from the program due to a breach of the law, policy, regulation or student participation agreement as determined by the Government of Canada, the police and Red Deer Public Schools.
- Red Deer Public Schools is not liable for losses/expenses that may occur as a result of the district not being able to provide education owing to labour disputes or causes beyond its control.
- If students are denied entry to Canada by the Canadian government due to travel bans (or a travel restriction from their own country) prior to the start of the program, this will be treated the same as a visa denial. The students would receive a full refund less the $250 Application Fee OR they may defer to a future semester.
How to pay fees:
Red Deer Public Schools has partnered with Flywire to accept fee payments.