Skip to main content

School Profile

The original building was completed in 1956 at a cost of approximately $470 000. Additions have been necessary over the years to accommodate increased enrollments and specialized courses. Students first attended classes on October 9, 1956, while the official opening took place on March 22, 1957. 

Allen Gibb was the school's first principal and Harley Stamm the first vice principal. For a three year period (1962-65) while Mr. Gibb taught overseas, Mr. Stamm was acting principal. From 1965-76, Mr. Gibb resumed the principalship of Eastview Junior High.

In September of 1976 Eastview became a community school, in 1982 the school was renamed Eastview Community School and is currently named Eastview Middle School.

Mr. Kevin Robertson is the principal, with Mrs. Leah Deschenes and Ms. Sue Merry as the Vice Principals. The school has a 6 to 8 grade configuration with an enrollment of about 600 students. The total staff including full and part time is just under 50 members.


Eastview Middle School's  Past Principals

  • Allen Gibb             1962 - 1965
  • Harley Stamm       1965 - 1976
  • Larry Pizzey          1976 - 1985
  • Barrie Wilson        1986 - 1996
  • Jerry Simonsen     1996 - 2005
  • Stu Henry              2005 - 2010
  • Dean Pasiuk          2010 - 2015
  • Sean Latta             2015 - May 2016
  • Kevin Robertson    May 2016 - Present
image description
Back to top