We welcome students to Red Deer Public Schools. We provide quality educational programs and services to 10,000 students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 within the City of Red Deer. Our District is able to serve students with:
- 13 elementary schools serving students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 5
- 3 schools that serve students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8
- 3 middle schools for students in grades 6 to 8
- 2 high school meeting the needs of students in grade 9 to 12
- 1 Christian Alternative Program for students from Kindergarten to grade 12
- 8 alternative and institutional programs
Providing the best curriculum, instruction and learning opportunities in order to maximize the potential of all students is a significant responsibility and opportunity. We take great pride in our dedicated and caring staff and are recognized for
- instructional excellence and strong achievement
- support for students in safe and caring schools
- encouraging the involvement of parents and our communities
Online: To register students, please CLICK HERE to complete the form. Through this process, you will be asked:
- to upload a copy of the child's citizenship status (ie birth certificate)
- to input the child's Alberta Health Care number
- to upload a copy of any court documents which relate to the welfare of the child
- provide emergency contact information other then the parents/guardian
- to notify of any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school
In Person: To register students, contact individual schools and please be prepared to provide a copy of the child's birth certificate as well as any information from previous schools including their latest report card. We also ask that you provide emergency contact information and let us know about any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school.
CLICK HERE to print of the registration form.
For more information, contact your neighborhood school or Central Services at 403-343-1405.
Don Campbell Elementary School
Our newest school, located in the Inglewood community, opens to students from kindergarten to grade 5 in September 2017. Located at 99 Irving Crescent, Don Campbell Elementary will serve students residing in the Vanier/Vanier Woods and Inglewood/Ironstone communities.
Student registration information:
Kindergarten: Kindergarten at Don Campbell Elementary will be full days with one class coming to school Monday and Wednesday and the other class coming Tuesday and Thursday. Each class will alternate Fridays.
Student Registration: In person and Online registration is available for students and families.
- IN PERSON registration for students from kindergarten to grade 5 who will be attending Don Campbell Elementary in September 2017 will take place at the Collicutt Centre located at 3031 30 Ave as follows:
|Monday, January 9, 2017||8:00 AM to 12:00 PM||4:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday, January 10, 2017||8:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, January 11, 2017||8:00 AM to 12:00 PM||4:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
If you’re unable to register your child on the above dates, registration can be done after January 11th at Red Deer Public Schools – Central Services located at 4747 53rd Street.
- ONLINE registration is also available for new students registering at Don Campbell:
Parent School Of Choice
School attendance boundaries are established to provide neighborhood schools and transportation services. Board policy includes provisions for parent choice of school where facilities and resources permit. Information is available through principals at any of our schools. Please CLICK HERE to review Board Policy.
Students beginning kindergarten must be at least five years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for. Students starting grade one must be at least six years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for.
Any student who has not reached their sixteenth birthday must attend school.