We welcome students to Red Deer Public Schools. We provide quality educational programs and services to 10,000 students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 within the City of Red Deer. Our District is able to serve students with:
- 12 elementary schools serving students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 5
- 3 schools that serve students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8
- 3 middle schools for students in grades 6 to 8
- 2 high school meeting the needs of students in grade 9 to 12
- 1 Christian Alternative Program for students from Kindergarten to grade 12
- 8 alternative and institutional programs
Providing the best curriculum, instruction and learning opportunities in order to maximize the potential of all students is a significant responsibility and opportunity. We take great pride in our dedicated and caring staff and are recognized for
- instructional excellence and strong achievement
- support for students in safe and caring schools
- encouraging the involvement of parents and our communities
Online School Request Form - NEW Students Wishing to Attend a School Within Red Deer Public Schools for the 2018-2019 School Year
New students to Red Deer Public Schools must complete the District's Online School Request Form. Students living within a school's desginated attendance boundary are guaranteed a placement at that school. Students requesting placement at a School of Choice will be contacted by the school administration within four weeks with confirmation of acceptance or not.
Starting at 8:15am, on Monday, January 8th, please CLICK HERE to complete the Online School Request Form for the 2018-2019 school year. PLEASE NOTE: The Online School Request Form is only for Kindergarten children. The School Request Form, for new students in Grades 1 to 12, will launch at the end of March, 2018.
In order to proceed to the full Registration Form, upon confirmation from the school administration on your successful placement, you WILL be required to provide copies or details on the following:
- Proof of citizenship (eg. Birth Certificate, Passport, Immigration Papers, etc...)
- Alberta Health Care Number
- Any court documents which relate to the welfare of the student/child
- Emergency contact information, other than the parents/guardians
- Any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school
For more information, please contact your neighbourhood school, or Central Services at 403-343-1405.
Registration Process - NEW Students to Red Deer Public Schools for the CURRENT school year (2017-2018)
Online: To register NEW students, please CLICK HERE to complete the form. Through this process, you will be asked:
- to upload a copy of the child's citizenship status (ie birth certificate)
- to input the child's Alberta Health Care number
- to upload a copy of any court documents which relate to the welfare of the child
- provide emergency contact information other then the parents/guardian
- to notify of any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school
In Person: To register students, contact individual schools and please be prepared to provide a copy of the child's birth certificate as well as any information from previous schools including their latest report card. We also ask that you provide emergency contact information and let us know about any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school.
For more information, contact your neighborhood school or Central Services at 403-343-1405.
Parent School Of Choice
School attendance boundaries are established to provide neighborhood schools and transportation services. Administrative Procedures includes provisions for parent choice of school where facilities and resources permit. Information is available through principals at any of our schools.
Students beginning kindergarten must be at least five years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for. Students starting grade one must be at least six years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for.
Any student who has not reached their sixteenth birthday must attend school.