We welcome students to Red Deer Public Schools. We provide quality educational programs and services to 10,000 students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 within the City of Red Deer. Our District is able to serve students with:
- 13 elementary schools serving students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 5
- 3 schools that serve students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8
- 3 middle schools for students in grades 6 to 8
- 2 high school meeting the needs of students in grade 9 to 12
- 1 Christian Alternative Program for students from Kindergarten to grade 12
- 8 alternative and institutional programs
Providing the best curriculum, instruction and learning opportunities in order to maximize the potential of all students is a significant responsibility and opportunity. We take great pride in our dedicated and caring staff and are recognized for
- instructional excellence and strong achievement
- support for students in safe and caring schools
- encouraging the involvement of parents and our communities
Registration Process - NEW Students to Red Deer Public Schools
Online: To register NEW students, please CLICK HERE to complete the form. Through this process, you will be asked:
- to upload a copy of the child's citizenship status (ie birth certificate)
- to input the child's Alberta Health Care number
- to upload a copy of any court documents which relate to the welfare of the child
- provide emergency contact information other then the parents/guardian
- to notify of any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school
In Person: To register students, contact individual schools and please be prepared to provide a copy of the child's birth certificate as well as any information from previous schools including their latest report card. We also ask that you provide emergency contact information and let us know about any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school.
For more information, contact your neighborhood school or Central Services at 403-343-1405.
Registration Process - EXISTING Students with Red Deer Public Schools
- To register students for next year, as well as to verify your information (eg. address, phone numbers, etc...), please CLICK HERE to log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal account.
- If you do not have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account, you can download an instruction document below, as well as view a video demonstrating the process. Both the document and the video can be found below:
- For more information, contact your neighbourhood school, or Central Services at 403-343-1405.
Parent School Of Choice
School attendance boundaries are established to provide neighborhood schools and transportation services. Board policy includes provisions for parent choice of school where facilities and resources permit. Information is available through principals at any of our schools. Please CLICK HERE to review Board Policy.
Students beginning kindergarten must be at least five years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for. Students starting grade one must be at least six years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for.
Any student who has not reached their sixteenth birthday must attend school.