Nurturing a community of compassionate, conscientious and confident learners demonstrating academic success and responsible behavior.
Statement of Values:
We believe that it is important that parents and the school work together to assist our students in developing and demonstrating the following desirable characteristics:
Ethical/moral characteristics: empathy, kindness, conscience, fairness/justice, tolerance, honesty, tolerance, forgiveness, commitment to democratic ideals, loyalty, respect, responsibility.
Intellectual characteristics: open-mindedness, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, creativity, pursuit of excellence, appreciation.
Social/personal characteristics: cooperation, acceptance, conservation, industriousness, self-control, image of strong self-worth, perseverance, neatness, attentiveness, unselfishness.
The school will demonstrate and model the above characteristics when dealing with students, parents/guardians, community members and colleagues.
The school also recognizes that students and their parents are our primary clients. This recognition will see the school:
- place the best interest of students first
- ensure timely accessibility to students, parents and the community
- provide mechanisms for appropriately involving students and parents
- provide a safe and productive learning environment
- be accountable and fiscally responsible.
We believe that:
- all children can learn
- positive partnerships in learning are essential
- between student and teacher
- between teacher and parent
- between teacher and teacher
- between school and community
- a safe and orderly school is necessary in order to teach and learn.
The values we uphold reflect the values of Red Deer Public School District and of our community.