Spanish Bilingual Preschool
Spanish Bilingual Preschool at Escuela Vista Grande School
Red Deer Public Schools is now offering a Spanish Bilingual Preschool program for children 3-5 years of age. The Spanish Bilingual Program provides young children with the opportunity to acquire the skills for speaking, listening and communicating in both English and Spanish. English and Spanish are used as language of instruction.
Spanish Bilingual Preschool Programming includes:
- Early Learning Educator
- 2 Half-day programming (AM or PM) are available:
- Monday's and Wednesday's
- AM: 9:00 - 11:15 am
- PM: 12:30 - 2:45 pm
- Learning through play
- Literacy rich environment
- Small class setting (maximum 10 children/class)
- Fee of $180 per month for 10 months
Great reasons for Spanish Bilingual Preschool Programming
- Promotes exploration, understanding and appreciation of the cultures of the Spanish speaking world.
- Broadens your child’s cultural life through access to literature, art, music and dramatic play.
- Develops divergent thinking skills.
- Development of social and emotional skills
- Contributes to multilingualism and multiculturalism.
- Develops feelings of self-esteem and pride in learning an additional language.
- Expands the intellect and problem-solving skills.
- There are 450 million Spanish speakers worldwide.
- It is a fun way to meet new friends and learn new things!
Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from Preschool.
The Spanish Bilingual Preschool Program is located at:
Escuela Vista Grande School
4145 46 Street, Red Deer, AB
Applying for Spanish Bilingual Preschool
For families applying for the Spanish Preschool program online, please click HERE.
Applications are accepted beginning January 10 for the 2022/2023 school year.
For further information contact Denise Skelding at 403-342-3703.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: How old must my child be to attend the Spanish Bilingual Program?
A: Children aged 3-5 will be accepted into the program to a maximum of 10 children per class.
Q: Does my child need to be potty trained to attend?
A: Yes, your child must be potty trained to attend the program.
Q: Is there a fee for Spanish Bilingual Program?
A: Yes, there is a fee of $180/month.