Pre-Kindergarten Registration Begins January 10, 2022
Red Deer Public Schools offers early learning programming for children ages 3 and 4 years with identified learning needs. Pre-Kindergarten is designed to increase communication, socialization and learning readiness for successful entry into Kindergarten.
All Pre-Kindergarten Programs include:
- Certified teacher
- Learning through play
- Literacy rich environment
- Multi-Disciplinary Services that include: Learning Assistance Teacher, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist and Contracted Psychology. Enhanced services for vision, deaf and hard of hearing are also available.
- Half-day programming (am or pm) available
- 3 year olds - 4 days a week (Monday - Thursday)
- 4 year olds - 4 days a week (Monday - Thursday)
- Small class settings with low child:adult ratio.
- Individual Support Plans (ISP’s) are developed in collaboration with parents as required.
- Play Pals for children with no delays for the cost of $200/month.
Pre-Kindergarten Programming provides a welcoming learning environment that allows young children to:
- Enhance communication skills
- Develop social and emotional skills
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Foster creative and cognitive development through a variety of firsthand experiences
- Develop greater independence and problem solving skills
- Foster a sense of belonging and well being