Student Registration Information
We welcome students to Red Deer Public Schools. We provide quality educational programs and services to 10,000 students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 within the City of Red Deer. Our District is able to serve students with:
- 11 elementary schools serving students from pre-K to grade 5,
- 3 schools that serve students from pre-K to grade 8,
- 3 middle schools for students in grades 6 to 8,
- 2 high school meeting the needs of students in grade 9 to 12,
- 1 Christian Alternative Program for students from kindergarten to grade 12, and
- 8 alternative and institutional program
Providing the best curriculum, instruction and learning opportunities in order to maximize the potential of all students is a significant responsibility and opportunity. We take great pride in our dedicated and caring staff and are recognized for
- instructional excellence and strong achievement
- support for students in safe and caring schools
- encouraging the involvement of parents and our communities
To register a students, contact individual schools and please be prepared to provide a copy of the child's birth certificate as well as any information from previous schools including their latest report card. We also ask that you provide emergency contact information and let us know about any special medical conditions that may affect your child at school.
For more information, contact your neighbourhood school or Central Services at 403-343-1405
Students beginning kindergarten must be at least five years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for. Students starting grade one must be at least six years old by December 31 of the school year they are registering for.
Any student who has not reached their sixteenth birthday must attend school.