- Our Work
- Professional Development Calendar
- Mini Conventions
- Instructional Supports
- District Education Plan
- Early Learning
- FNMI Learning Services
- Digital Citzenship
- Valuing Mental Health
- Making Sense of Aggression
- Making Sense of Anxiety
- Inclusive Education
- Respect In School
- Hour Zero
- New Curriculum Implementation
OUR WORK is about who we are and what we do as Red Deer Public Schools. It brings together our common and collective work to best meet the needs of students. We recognize that teaching is a blend of an individual’s professional expertise and perspectives combined with the shared directions we have across the District. Key to this is strong professional development and training across the District. OUR WORK profiles our priorities and opportunities for professional growth in one place. As you plan your year, consider how these resources will support you and your students. Among many things, OUR WORK is:
- working collaboratively to plan
- benchmarking to demonstrate students growth
- developing common assessments for learner outcomes
- meeting the diverse needs of students
- providing early learning opportunities so students start school ready to learn
- meeting the competencies within the Teaching Quality Standards
- honouring the diversity of all students we serve
- reducing barriers for students
- a commitment in meaningful professional growth
- taking care of each other's mental health and wellness
- making sure schools are safe and caring for all
- keeping current with best practices in teaching and learning
- doing everything it takes for students to succeed
OUR WORK provides assurance that the classroom experience for every student is the very best it can be, each and every day.
Message from the Board Of Trustees
The Board of Trustees takes pride in our staff providing high quality learning opportunities for all students in Red Deer Public Schools. OUR WORK, be it a teacher, educational assistant, administrator, secretary, caretaker or other support in our school, is OUR WORK. We are in this together. It takes all of these pieces to provide the best education for our students.
This requires a common approach grounded on the priorities we have established as a District and in each of our schools.
OUR WORK is also a District-wide commitment to best practices, building capacity and continuous improvement in the work we do everyday. The Board recognizes and values the genuine sense of pride in being a part of Red Deer Public Schools. It’s about a culture that cares about doing the very best. As Trustees, we see this and applaud you each day for the important work you do and the results that means for our students.
Message from Senior Administration
An outcome in our Equity priority is that, “All staff have the ability to meet the diverse needs of all students through excellent instruction.” The most important thing we can do for students is to ensure they have the very best instruction every day in every classroom.
OUR WORK brings together all the resources we have within the District to support staff in making this possible. Through professional development and training, a commitment by staff for continual improvement and a strong spirit for collaboration, we can achieve great things together.
We invest heavily in providing these supports across the District. A wide range of resources are provided to each school to meet their needs. Central Services staff have developed a number of supports and welcome the opportunities they have to work closely with staff in schools and individual classrooms. OUR WORK really is about inspiring learning and nurturing hope in every student!