Literacy is acquiring, creating, connecting and communicating meaning in a wide variety of contexts.
- Each learner is a proficient reader and writer across the curriculum.
- Each learner is numerate.
- Each learner will discover, develop and apply competencies across the curriculum.
- Grow the District Literacy Framework to enhance literacy teaching practices across curricula.
- Utilize professional learning and collaborative strategies to enhance literacy teaching practices across curricula.
- Implement Literacy and Numeracy Benchmarks. (K to 12)
- Percentage of teachers who employ benchmarking as a strategy to measure student growth in literacy. (RDP)
- Percentage of students who achieved the acceptable standard and the standard of excellence on Provincial Achievement Tests and Diploma Examinations. (AE)
- Percentage of students in grades 1 to 8 who are reading/literate within 1 year of grade level. (RDP)
- Survey results specific to staff on implementation of literacy and numeracy benchmarks. (RDP)