Equity ensures fairness for all students through: excellence in instruction, support for students and a reduction of
- All staff have the ability to meet the diverse needs of all students through excellent instruction.
- Students are supported in their academic, behavioural, social and emotional well-being.
- Students are able to access the supports and services they need to achieve success through the reduction of barriers.
- Develop and implement a universal approach to the delivery of the Health and Life Skills curriculum.
- Continue to implement the district-wide Comprehensive School Health model.
- Engage in a pilot project with Alberta Health Services to implement mental health support in targeted schools.
- Continue to implement the Supports for Students model. School-based Learning Teams may include: Administrators, Teachers, Learning Assistance Teachers, Educational Assistants, Community Liaison Workers, FNMI “Point People”, Mental Health Therapists, School Counsellors, and Parents.
- Equitably allocate staff and resources.
- Enhance and support ease of access for families.
- Develop a District Equity Fund in collaboration with The Foundation for Red Deer Public Schools.
- Continue to examine fees and fundraising in the district.
- Percentage of students who achieved the acceptable standard and the standard of excellence on Provincial Achievement Tests and Diploma Examinations. (AE)
- Overall agreement that students are safe at school and learning the importance of caring. (AE)
- Overall percentage of stakeholders indicating that their school and schools in their jurisdiction have improved or stayed the same the last three years. (AE)
- Overall percentage of students and parents who feel students receive the help and support they require at school. (RDP)
- Overall percentage of students and parents who feel students are cared for and accepted at school. (RDP)
- Overall percentage of students and parents who feel students feel connected and have a sense of belonging at school. (RDP)
- Overall percentage of students meeting grade level expectations in their core subject areas. (RDP)