Equity ensures fairness for all students through: excellence in instruction, support for students and a reduction of
Outcomes and Strategies:
All staff have the ability to meet the diverse needs of all students through excellent instruction.
- Continue implementation of the Pyramid of Support and REFRESH model in order to build more specific teacher capacity in the areas of planning, assessment and the response cycle.
- Build capacity with Teachers in regard to the indicators within the Teaching Quality Standard as they apply to First Nations, Métis, and Inuit learners.
- Build capacity with staff to incorporate First Nations, Métis, and Inuit perspectives into their practice.
- Build capacity with staff in the areas of social and academic language for students with English as a Second Language.
Students are supported in their academic, behavioural, social and emotional well-being.
- Implement the “Valuing Mental Health” plan, focusing on: Prevention and Promotion; Early Intervention; Treatment; and Follow Up for students, staff and families to address mental health and wellness in the District.
- Implement the Grade K to 5 universal approach to the delivery of the Health and Life Skills curriculum, and develop the Grade 6 to 8 curriculum.
- Expand the district-wide Comprehensive School Health model, with an emphasis on mental health and wellness.
- Continue to implement the Supports for Students model. School-based Learning Teams may include: Administrators, Teachers, Learning Assistance Teachers, Educational Assistants, Community Liaison Workers, FNMI “Point People”, Mental Health Therapists, School Counsellors, and Parents.
Students are able to access the supports and services they need to achieve success through the reduction of barriers.
- Equitably allocate staff and resources.
- Enhance and support ease of access for families.
- Enhance and promote STEP UP, the student equity fund developed by the Foundation for Red Deer Public Schools.
- Continue to examine fundraising in the district.
- â€‹Percentage of students who achieved the acceptable standard and the standard of excellence on Provincial Achievement Tests and Diploma Examinations (Target: 85%). (AE)
- Overall agreement that students are safe at school and learning the importance of caring (Target: 90%). (AE)
- Overall percentage of stakeholders indicating that their school and schools in their jurisdiction have improved or stayed the same the last three years (Target: 83%). (AE)
- Overall percentage of students and parents who feel students receive the help and support they require at school (Target: 90%). (RDP)
- Overall percentage of students and parents who feel students are cared for and accepted at school (Target: 90%). (RDP)
- Overall percentage of students and parents who feel students feel connected and have a sense of belonging at school (Target: 90%). (RDP)
- Overall percentage of students meeting grade level expectations in their core subject areas (Target: 90%). (RDP)