Curriculum and Instruction
Our Curriculum Leaders are:
This year (2012-2013) our District Curriculum Leaders will be expanding the highly successful job-embedded professional development model introduced last year, which we call our "Residency Model":
- Residencies involve District Curriculum Leaders collaborating with teachers, in classrooms, at the point of instruction to enhance teacher capacity.
- The school principal invites a maximum of four interested teachers to participate in the residency.
Job-embedded teacher support across core subject areas and grades with a literacy focus. Teachers may be interested in furthering their knowledge with respect to:
- the programs of study
- high-yield instructional strategies
- balanced literacy (reading and writing)
- literacy strategies
- inquiry-based learning
- French Immersion and FSL
- PAT and diploma exam preparation
- Prior to the school residency, the teacher(s) meet with District Curriculum Leaders to determine the outcomes from the Program of Study that will be the focus of the teaching in the residency. Planning takes place to meet the needs of the teacher.
- In order to impact the maximum number of teachers, participants are encouraged to share their learning.
- Feedback will be solicited from participating teachers.
The general responsibilities of our Curriculum Leaders are:
- Provide assistance to teachers in areas of curriculum delivery, instructional strategies and assessment
- Coordinate implementation of new curricula
- Assist teachers with preparation for PATs, DIPs and analysis of results
- Coordinate professional development opportunities
- Coordinate AISI projects
- Coordinate representation and purchasing at the Educational Media Marketplace
- Oversee the Curriculum and AISI folder in District email
- Liaise with the Central Alberta Regional Consortium
How can the District Curriculum Leaders help you?
Curriculum, instructional and assessment support, including:
- Participation in school-based residencies
- Assistance in planning
- Professional Development (individual or group)
- Curriculum, resource and assessment information