- REFRESH - Google Site (For RDPSD Staff)
- Red Deer Public Schools Literacy Framework
- TEMPLATES for Subject Areas
- Alberta Education - Curriculum Information
- Alberta Education - Curriculum Redesign
- Curriculum Information for Parents
- Diploma Examination Information
- Provincial Achievement Test Information
- Student Learning Assessments
Our Curriculum Team includes
For three school years, Curriculum & Instruction Services had been utilizing the Residency Model of Professional Learning as our main model for PD in the district. In September, 2014, a transition will commence in which the Residency Model will shift from a district office focus to a school-based model.
Rather than having District Curriculum Leaders descend upon schools for several days in a row, and then not be in the school for weeks or months, a new role of Instructional Design Teacher has been implemented at all schools. This ID Teacher will serve several functions, including:
- serving as the liaison between Central Services and the schools for all communication and professional learning in the area of Curriculum Redesign and Redesigning High School;
- leading and/or facilitating professional learning at the school level in the pedagogical foundations of Inspiring Education; and
- assisting teachers with the design of instruction that aligns to principles of Inspiring Education (which includes both assisting with planning & preparation of units and/or lessons, as well as co/team teaching opportunities with teachers).
How can the District Curriculum Team help you?
The Curriculum Team can facilitate school-wide professional learning in the area of Instructional Design (following a backwards design model), as well as work through the school-based ID Teachers to build capacity with individual teachers, or small groups of teachers.
Provide job-embedded teacher support for the Programs of Study by
- Assisting in planning lessons
- Helping find course materials or resources
- Answering questions about the program of studies
In collaboration with the school’s ID Teacher, model lessons for individual teachers or a group of teachers (For example, providing a model lesson on guided reading).
Field Studies and Speakers
Provide a list of field study opportunities in central Alberta and/or help teachers organize a field study. Provide suggestions for classroom speakers on a variety of different curricular topics.
Provincial Achievement Tests / Student Learner Assessments / Diplomas
Provide resources to assist in student readiness. Develop classroom practices to help reduce student anxiety about Provincial testing. And provide strategies for participating in the test writing process.